How to "Find Your Legislators" ASL Video
How to find your Legislators (SC State Senators and SC State Representatives) American Sign Language (ASL) Video
Click on the video to watch.
South Carolina Legislature website: www.scstatehouse.gov
Reuben Reeves Obituary
Reuben Reeves (3/18/1919-4/19/2016)
April 22, 2016
Dear Members and Friends of SCAD:
The SC Association of the Deaf is deeply saddened on the loss of longtime SCAD member Reuben Reeves. He served on the SCAD’s Board of Directors as President in 1963 – 1965. We wish to express our sincere condolences to his family. Our hearts and prayers go out to them during this difficult time.
L. Earl Wright
2016 Summer Camps
Summer Camp-SC School for the Deaf and the Blind
June 19 - 25, 2016
Camp Wonder Hands
July 17 - 22, 2016
Bill Rice Ranch: Murfreesboro, TN
Carter Hears! Scholarship Opportunities
Carter Hears! is pleased to provide four separate opportunities to recipients that have an interest in deafness.
Who is eligible for the Scholarships?
- Available to high school seniors graduating in the spring of 2016 and students who will be an undergraduate or graduate student during the 2016/2017 school year
- Scholarship applicants must have applied or be enrolled in an accredited college, university or technical school.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
1. Student Scholarship
- Applicant must be qualified as Deaf or Hard of Hearing and be a Senior in high school
2. Future Interpreter Scholarship
- Applicant must provide adequate interest in pursuing a career in Interpreting and be on track to graduate with a degree in Interpreting
3. Future Deaf Educator Scholarship
- Applicant must provide adequate interest in pursuing a career in Deaf Education and be on track to graduate with a degree in Deaf Education
4. Future Speech Pathologist Scholarship
- Applicant must provide adequate interest in pursuing a career in Speech Pathology and be on track to graduate with a degree in Speech Pathology
When is the deadline for the submission of materials including the scholarship application?
All materials must be submitted to Carter Hears! with a postmark no later than April 1, 2016
*Applications are available at: www.carterhears.com/scholarships/
What is the value of the scholarship award?
Selected applicants will receive a scholarship value of $500 that will go towards their college education or vocational training.
How are winners selected?
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement and a demonstrated commitment to the Carter Hears! ideals of leadership and humanity.
- The final scholarship recipients are selected by a Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Two scholarships will be awarded to students who are deaf and hard of hearing and two scholarships will be awarded to college students with an interest in deafness.
How will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified via email and mail by Carter Hears! by June 3, 2016
SCAD E-News March 2016
2016 Meeting Schedule at SC State House-Columbia, SC
To Support Sign Language Interpreter Act Bills H.3390 & S.293
March 2, 2016 10:00am - 12:00pm
March 9, 2016 10:00am - 12:00pm
March 16, 2016 1:00pm - 3:00pm
March 23, 2016 10:00am - 12:00pm
March 30, 2016 10:00am - 12:00pm
April 6, 2016 10:00am - 12:00pm
April 13, 2016 10:00am - 12:00pm
April 20, 2016 1:00pm - 3:00pm
April 26, 2016 Advocacy Day (More details TBA)
May 4, 2016 10:00am - 12:00pm
May 11, 2016 10:00am - 12:00pm
May 18, 2016 1:00pm - 3:00pm
May 25, 2016 10:00am - 12:00pm
If you would like to meet, please contact:
Anita Steichen-McDaniel at email@example.com
Please come and show your support!
Upcoming Events (Click on the month to see the SCAD Calendar)
2016 SCAD Leadership & Training Conference
West Columbia, SC
August 20, 2016 SAVE THE DATE!
More details to be announced